Saturday, January 18, 2014

FOOD: Makiling Onsen Hotel and Restaurant 2014

I was suddenly craving for Japanese food last Sunday morning! So I told my husband, Ed, and he agreed to eat out for brunch. It's still too early (9:30am) and most Japanese restaurants open at 11:00am. We find Hana Japanese Restaurant in Pagsanjan, Laguna (which we consider close to being authentic) too far to drive just for this craving. There's Eat-Sumo Restaurant near UPLB, although cheap, we find it unsatisfying. There's Ippon-Yari Japanese restaurant in Calamba (which I love) but didn't want the hassle of being stuck in heavy traffic. Then, I thought, there's a Japanese hotel which is a 5-minute drive from where we live. I haven't dined in it yet, so I'm excited to give it a try... introducing Makiling Onsen Hotel and Restaurant.

Main Entrance

Restaurant

This is a medium size restaurant that can probably accommodate up to 40-45 people... just my estimate.


Appetizers 
(L-R: Sweet and Salty Anchovies with Sesame Seeds, Kimchi, 
Kropek or Deep Fried Prawn Crackers)

Makiling Onsen serves both Japanese and Korean food, as you can see on their appetisers. And yes, they're free. Served as well with a glass of cold water.

Ed ordered Sashimi Mix and iced tea. His Sashimi Mix consists of a couple of maguro (tuna), shake (salmon), kanikama (artificial crab stick), ika (squid), and ebi (shrimp)... served on top of shredded radish. I was able to try his food. I just hope they were fresher. That's all. 

Sashimi Mix = PhP270
Iced Tea = PhP22


I ordered Salmon Teishoku and cold calamansi juice. Teishoku means a meal of a fixed menu. Here means fresh salmon served with rice and miso soup. I'm happy that I chose salmon (alone) instead of mixed sashimi. Mine is fresher than Ed's ordered. What I didn't like though is the miso soup, it's too salty for me. It tasted like Eat-Sumo's and my home-made miso soup, which nobody ate/consumed... I've tasted miso soups from Sai-Bachi, Ippon-Yari, and Fu, and they were wonderful! So I guess that was the downside of my meal. I know it's rude but I didn't finish it.. sorry.

Salmon Teishoku = PhP365
Calamansi Juice = PhP85

We plan to stay at the hotel in the future and try their onset (hot bath). I'm not sure if I'm ready for it though. 57 degrees Celcius sounds too hot for me... For those of you who plans to go to Makiling Onsen Hotel, here's their contact number:



Manong guard courteously guided us to the covered parking lot. On our way there, I glanced upon the KTV/Karaoke room, gym, and driver's lodge.

So, will we come back again? Yes, to try the onsen at the hotel :)

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment