Thursday, July 11, 2013

FOOD: Faustina's, Los Baños, Laguna

We've discovered Faustina's  two years ago (I think) and have fallen in love with their crepe and pasta. Since then, we've eaten there countless of times already and we'll keep coming back to try the rest of the items listed on their menu :-)

We decided to have our dinner at Faustina's earlier. I'm actually torn between having pizza & pasta or rice meal... (I actually thought of ordering both, and just take out the leftover pizza which I am planning to eat for breakfast, lol) but since I want to stick on my diet, I decided to omit the pizza & pasta (for now!) 

Pumpkin Soup (PhP93) - For starter, Ed and I both had Pumpkin Soup, served with a piece of garlic bread. It's like the comfort food for me (the one that I wished for but momma "never" made, lol). Well, I really liked it.

Grilled Soy Ginger Chicken (Php196) - Ed had this char-grilled chicken marinated in a soy and ginger sauce, served with steamed rice, a side of green salad and garlic mayo dressing. You get to choose which dressing you would like to have: garlic mayo, french, or tomato french. Yummy!

Pan-fried Fish Wrapped in Bacon (PhP218) - This is my first time to order this. I saw in the menu that this is Cook's Favorite so why not give it a try ;-) It's a pan-fried fish fillet marinated in citrus and herbs, wrapped in bacon, served with steamed rice, a side of green salad and garlic mayo dressing. I had two garlic mayo dressings, one for the fish and one for the salad. Had I known that the fish will come with garlic mayo by default, I think I would have chosen french or tomato french for the salad. But hey, it's no big deal :-) I like how the bacon added flavor to the fish, which by the way is very soft and juicy. Having this, I got that "healthy eating" feeling! Good stuff ;-)

And lastly Ed had Apple Shake (PhP65) while I had a Hot Chocolate (PhP52) made with tablea from Batangas and a spot of milk.

Prices indicated above are as of writing, July 11, 2013. You may check their complete menu and prices from their facebook page: Faustina's Complete Menu

Faustina's
Lola J Building, 10278 Ruby Street, Los Banos, Laguna 4031
Tel. No.: (049) 501-1509

How to go there?
When in Los Banos, ride a jeep with "UP College - Kanan" signboard. Tell the driver to drop you off at Raymundo Gate. It's just about a 100 meters upon entering the UPLB campus. Faustina's a minute walk from Raymundo Gate, you won't miss it ;-)

xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment